Arrowmont Fire

The news isn't good. Pictured here is an image captured while looking up the driveway toward the arrival area at Arrowmont's main administration building.  The historic Red Barn in the background looks to be fully involved.  There is unconfirmed news indicating that two of the residential facilities are gone.

The town was evacuated late last night and everyone is safe (according to the news media).  Many of our CAC Forum people have studied, worked, and supported Arrowmont through the years and this is devastating news.

Heartbroken,
-Paul :(

I got word last night about it. Tragic! Everyone is safe and accounted for.And it was raining. Hopefully that will help.

Marcia

Hoping to hear more from Bill Mays later today. Last word I received was he was getting family and pets from his own home. Thankful that all are safe.

-Paul

Good news from the Executive Director about 45 minutes ago:

"Please spread word to Arrowmont employees as there is limited power and no phone service on campus. Please stay home until contacted. The authorities are not allowing access to town. All buildings except Hughes Hall and Wild Wing survived with what appears to be little damage. I'll get more information out when I have it."

They have set up a donation sight for fundraising to rebuild what has been lost in the fire.

http://www.arrowmont.org

Marcia

The link to the Arrowmont Rebuilding Fund is under the Support tab on the Arrowmont Home page...quick and easy to apply PayPal funds.

There is another potter severely impacted from the wild fires.  Tim Kerns opened up Bear Trail Pottery in Gatlinburg earlier in November of this year after working 15 years to get to that point.  The business was wiped out by the wildfires...there is no insurance.  By now, CERF is already engaged.  There is a gofundme account to help Tim raise $10,000. This is going to be a tough holiday season for Tim and his family and he desperately needs help getting current orders produced & filled.  If you can, join me in supporting this effort: Wildfire Pottery Relief

Peace,

-Paul :)

Many of you are probably on clay buddies and saw this but I'll post for those of you who aren't and want to help Tim Kerns, that Paul mentioned in above post.  His go fund me account is  gofundme.com/321wao8

He also posted a friends address who is received any supplies people can send him:

1934 East Parkway

Gatlinburg, TN 37738

Archived