New Propane Kiln Help Needed. Regulator/hose Hard To Find.

I recently bought an Olympic 18" Raku Kiln set up for use with propane.

It has a 3/4 inlet for a propane hose. All I can find locally are 3/8 in outlet lp regulators and hoses

I am having a terrible time trying to find a 3/4 hose and the low pressure regulator/ 11" water column to get it going. 

Olympic website sells regulator for $100 which seemed steep to me, maybe not I have never bought one before.

Does anyone have any leads on where to buy online (or if you happen to be in los angeles county area a store)?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a whole set of dried and ready to be fired pieces and so sad I can't seem to find the right hose. 

post-75618-0-24166200-1479596421_thumb.jpg

post-75618-0-24166200-1479596421_thumb.jpg

These regulators should be common items at propane supply house are big box store or hardware stores or in the web-take your pick I would go with a high volume regulator . One you would use on a large propane stove-hey Tractor supply sells them

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/mr-heater-12-ft-propane-hose-with-regulator-and-pol-and-3-8-in-ff?cm_vc=-10005

I recently bought an Olympic 18" Raku Kiln set up for use with propane.

It has a 3/4 inlet for a propane hose. All I can find locally are 3/8 in outlet lp regulators and hoses

I am having a terrible time trying to find a 3/4 hose and the low pressure regulator/ 11" water column to get it going. 

Olympic website sells regulator for $100 which seemed steep to me, maybe not I have never bought one before.

Does anyone have any leads on where to buy online (or if you happen to be in los angeles county area a store)?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have a whole set of dried and ready to be fired pieces and so sad I can't seem to find the right hose. 

attachicon.gifaaa.jpg

We are using the same kiln with a dual tank setup from Ward Burner. If you plan to fire anything other than raku, having two tanks will be helpful. The regulator he sells is beefier than anything we were able to find at the stores. 

Archived