Qotw: What Coffee/tea Bowl Are You Using In The Morning?

Thank you Marcia for doing the QOTW for me for the last 2 weeks!

I am back from Taiwan (horrible Internet connection in the hotel) and prepared for my next trip, but first I want to ask you if you drink your morning coffee/tea out of a self made mug, a mug that a friend made, or a bought one?

Until my time in Barcelona this fall I used a bought one (shame on me), but at the Symposium in B. one of our participants, Ester Beck from Israel, made tea bowls for all of us, and since then I always use that one. I will take a picture of it tomorrow and show it to you.

Do you show us the one YOU are using?

Happy week to all of you!

Evelyne

post-63409-0-31402600-1479267465_thumb.jpgMy permanent favorite is a gorgeous thrown mug with heavy slip trailing, by potter Steven Zoldak (who happens to be Maureen Mills' hubby). I got it at their open studio tour (Portsmouth Holiday Arts Tour, NH) a few years ago.  It is an absolute "feel good" piece that truly enhances my lucious coffee (coffee snob, here, it's gotta be hot, black, & very good...even if it is not made with a French press!). 

As my wife and I have settled into a ritual also of going to a local mom & pop for breakfast, I usually get a mish mash of mugs to drink my 2-4 cups of coffee. We sit and read novels, enjoy the coffee, and let someone else do the cooking. They usually serve me with a variety of LARGE mugs that they have there, some are mine, some are commercial. I am now doing up another set of my mugs for them as they really like that they hold a lot, don't look massive, last a long time, and keep the coffee hot. Some of the locals rave about them, and some won't even use them.

Oh well,

best,

Pres

attachicon.gifZoldak mug--.jpgMy permanent favorite is a gorgeous thrown mug with heavy slip trailing, by potter Steven Zoldak (who happens to be Maureen Mills' hubby). I got it at their open studio tour (holidays Portsmouth Art and Craft Trail, NH) a few years ago.  It is an absolute "feel good" piece that truly enhances my lucious coffee (coffee snob, here, it's gotta be hot, black, & very good!). 

Then why on EARTH would you use a Kuerig??? :P

@ Sydney LOL   'cuz I live alone and needed to cut down from a gallon a day and the per-cup system helps. Plus I have a K-cup "basket" where I can get my dark roast/Fair Trade/exotica-whatever, grind my own beans and still use the machine. 

@LeeU we all have our methods of coping ;):D

We use a french press, we actually have several. One makes 12oz, the other 30 oz. The larger I use every morning for coffee for my husband and I, the smaller to only brew loose leaf teas. Sometimes we use an Aeropress, which is this strange device that uses air to "press" the coffee. It travels well so we use it while camping. I usually drink one cup of coffee, then two to four cups of tea a day. I switch the teas up depending on my mood, usually a nice mint tea after lunch and at night a jasmine or white leaf tea. I don't particularly like the first couple mugs I made, but I use them instead of manufactured until I make something better.

When we lived on the boat, both of us consumed 5-10 cups of tea a day, our boat was made of concrete and was VERY cold inside, all the time! I used a hand-painted mug that chipped when we ran aground one day and broke some of our plates.... ):

attachicon.gifqotwmug.jpgThis morning's cappuccino is in one of my old mugs. My husband makes the selection because he makes the espressos. One of our daily rituals.Reading the weather forecasts for Red lodge... 10" of snow for Thursday! Sunny and 84 here just in time for our garage sale.

Marcia

Is that an iced coffee.

Well, just as well your garage sale is not in Montana!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived