Qotw: Ceramics In Action Pictures Anybody?

That job would take up a lot of your Tile time-I thought you retired?Now I think your are a type A guy like me who likes a lot on your plate.

Throwing sinks for me was a phase I moved thru-custom work, sinks with matching ceramic handles on the faucets . Now I just say NO.

I did that for some clients who built custom homes. Now not enough money on planet for me to make a sink.Since my wrist surgery I need to do less with wrist not stress it more.I am settling for smaller forms. I already did the huge stuff in my career no need to do more of it.

Its funny the progression of throwing is always towards the larger forms-now it means nothing to me.I can appreciate a small well thrown pot more than a huge ugly vessel that screams its BIG but thats all.

Back to sinks they require lots of things to get right especially the overflows.

Mark: wow, that is beautiful. I think I would never have the courage to start a big project like that. Congrats!

Alabama: I like that big bowl (where the butter is in it) enormously! Very beautiful the brown outside and the blue inside and the interesting rim! I always loved your works!

Nerd: Building/Zoning Inspector sounds great. Much influence on the beauty of a city. If you can spare the time, go for it!

That job would take up a lot of your Tile time-I thought you retired?

over the next year with the houses and other jobs it will be very time consuming. However, once I finish those up and move solely into this new one: 28-30 hours a week: which for me is semi retirement. Two of the four houses are on the schedule next spring: which I would pass on if they were not the kids of parents that have been long time customers. I can do inspections between 6-10am, and again at 3-5pm: which leaves me plenty of time to play with clay.

Nerd

Sorry I am late to my own party! :rolleyes:  I had not even seen the post, thus my lack of response.

This is a little planter in my "moonlight" series. That is the name of the glaze, and I did a set of 6 pieces with similar styles. I gave this planter to my MIL who proudly shows me her plant everyday and tells me how happy it is in it's fancy new pot!

I have a gazillion other things that came out of the kiln, and I plan on doing some lifestyle photos of them soon (too busy making, not enough time photographing!) ;)

Lovely pots everyone! I am so happy you all engaged in my idea. I think it would be fun to even have a sub-section of the forum devoted to pottery in action, like a little more involved version of our gallery.

post-79203-0-76144200-1476806639_thumb.jpg

post-79203-0-76144200-1476806639_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20161015_130617.jpg

Attempting to attach photos to à post!

Two pictures are from the Ft. Toulouse Indian village and one at the bread oven showing a French butter bell and fresh butter made from but not pictured ceramic churn..

Alabamaattachicon.gifIMG_20161015_124258.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20161015_124105.jpg

Looks like a potter would be a valuable member of the community! I have (somewhere) a copy of a 1700's engraving of an itinerant potter hauling a great net of pots and mugs on his back and singing (rough translation) "I love to hear the sound of breaking pots". :)

Archived