Photo
- - - - -

Sandhurst Farm Forge East Kent Artist Open House Event 2016!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Isabel Dickinson

Isabel Dickinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:08 PM

Dear readers 

http://ekoh.org.uk/faversham/

http://www.visitfave...og-of-the-month

Thought i would post these two links as myself and my family are taking part in East kent artist open house event at sandhurst farm forge.( This is mentioned on the blog!)

I will have my ceramic work on display and will also be selling work too as well as demonstrating. My family will also have work on display and work for sale. The forge will be lit and working. If you can come to the event it would be great. We would love to see you!!

Here is a link to my own ceramic and textile blog and ceramic and textile facebook page for anyone who fancys a browse.

http://isabeldickinson.blogspot.co.uk/

>  https://www.facebook.com/izzydiz123/

#2 Sputty

Sputty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:56 PM

Hi Isabel!

Are you a member of the Kent Potters Association? If not, join!

Very supportive group, and some very knowledgeable people there.

I was a member before I left for the wilds of mainland Europe - they are a nice, welcoming group!

Best wishes for your Open House!

#3 Isabel Dickinson

Isabel Dickinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

Hi, Yes I am a member of Kent potters association. I get all the newsletters which are very interesting to read as they give you all the insights into where other ceramic people have been/visited. Im hoping to get some work into the kent potters association open exhibition in whitstable but has to go through a selection process so im hoping that I will get chosen. If I do then it will be my second open exhibtion that I have done.

Isabel

#4 Sputty

Sputty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:02 PM

Excellent! I'm sure you will have no problem with selection for Whitstable - nice part of the world, too, for a show; lots of people, lots of art interest.

Best of luck!

#5 Isabel Dickinson

Isabel Dickinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:21 PM

Thankyou :) :) 

#6 Isabel Dickinson

Isabel Dickinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:07 AM

Just a little message for everyone. Artist open house has now finished. The last day was 29/30 october.

#7 Sputty

Sputty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:10 AM

Just a little message for everyone. Artist open house has now finished. The last day was 29/30 october.

How did you get on with the Artist open House - lots of visitors and interest? And how was the Whitstable exhibition?

#8 Isabel Dickinson

Isabel Dickinson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

It went really well , We were definatley alot busier this year which was down to the fact we did our own advertising.  :D  People were very interested and I managed to sell some work aswell. Some of the people that came also wanted me to make some work for them. So I have three commisions to do now. :D  I helped set up the whitstable exhibition with some of the Kent potter association commitee and some of the members. It was incredible as we managed to set it all up in one day.  The exhibition was brilliant and we had a meet the potters day and I met Keith Jones( the guy who helped present the tasks on the great british pottery throw down with kate malone.) He is such a lovely guy.  I did some stewarding aswell for the exhibition which was good and I also sold one of my pots. I was really impressed with the whole layout of all the work, it looked very professional.

#9 Sputty

Sputty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:50 PM

That's excellent! I think getting commissions is even better than selling work you've already made - it means people trust your abilities, and want to invest in your talent. You are right to be very happy!

I'm pleased to hear the Kent Potters exhibition went well - I remember them from when I lived in the South of England, and they were always enjoyable, and a great mix of people who know their stuff. Meeting Keith Jones was a real bonus - he came across really well on the 'Throw Down' - extremely supportive, always seeing the quality in people's work even when they doubted it themselves.

Sounds like you've had a good time - onwards and upwards! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users