Gold Leaf And Wax Finishes.

Hello

I've started tinkering with gold leaf and wax finishes for some street art tiles.

They seem great at finishing fine detail and add a good pop of colour that you cant get with glazing.

The fake gold leaf is super cheap these days I got 300 sheets in 3 colours for £5 on ebay, so seems rude not to.

Being a complete newbie I would love to know other members experiences of using them and any hints and tips.

Thanks in advance.

Darran

post-76862-0-66712200-1472371595_thumb.jpg

post-76862-0-29136900-1472371635_thumb.jpg

post-76862-0-66712200-1472371595_thumb.jpg

post-76862-0-29136900-1472371635_thumb.jpg

Looks like fun, and the price is right. I have not used this material but it is on my try-it-in-the-future short list. Do you have to varnish it to prevent tarnishing?What kind of adhesive do you use? I know you are looking for info from others with some experience with this stuff, but it's great that you can give some info (like to me) as well! 

The gold leaf is put on with a size glue. This often comes free with the leaf sheets. It can take anything from 10 min to 24 hours to become the right stickiness for the sheets.

The gold wax is just rub n buff which couldn't be easier to use and the review show it being quite rugged outside.

Will feedback once the tiles have been up for bit. That's if they are not stolen first, apparently that's the sign of interesting street art .

Archived