Colored Clay Workshop - May 7-13, 2017-J Campbell Folk School

Colored Clay Every Way - Registration is now open!

Colored clay is a multi purpose tool that every pottery should have in their idea kit.

Join me to learn how to color clay, create secondary colors, mix slips, create patterns and even incorporate colors into thrown work.

May 7-13, 2017

John Campbell Folk School, Brasstown, NC

https://classes.folkschool.org/class_details.aspx?pk=19529

http://www.ccpottery.com/

As a side note for those who would not attend due to North Carolina House Bill 2 boycott.

Please realize that this bill was introduced, passed without any debate and signed into law in under 24 hours.

The citizens of North Carolina found out about it the same time you did.

Certainly they did not consult with the Folk School or any artists or potters.

I personally do not know anyone who agrees with this legislation.

So while I accept that you have the right to do what you want, know that the atmosphere at the Folk School is inclusive and welcoming.

Know that your instructor is 100% on the side of the LGBTQ community.

Chris, this is such good news!  I am going to put it on my calendar and plan on going.

For those not familiar with it, the Folk School is a lovely place and people come from all over the country to immerse themselves in craft.  The curriculum is diverse and part of the fun is family style meals where you get to learn about quilting, building a mountain dulcimer, writing poetry, blacksmithing, and more.  I was just there in June with Kevin Crowe and learned a ton from him.

• 9 months later...

A postscript to this past week at the John C Campbell Folk School in North Carolina ...

The Folk School was at full capacity this week ... the students and teachers had a fantastic time. The weather was perfect and the atmosphere was great.

Thanks to all who have attended the school this past year and supported Arts and Artists and Arts Centers in North Carolina ... you are the best!

post-1585-0-31490800-1494950453_thumb.jpg

post-1585-0-97945500-1494950466_thumb.jpg

post-1585-0-10754700-1494950564_thumb.jpg

Archived