Presentation for Juried Shows

I am about to apply to a juried show and to prepare a 2 page presentation. I know they want photos, prices. I am wondering what others include--bio? Artist statement? I have worked as a graphic designer, so there is danger of producing something that resembles a "sell sheet". I don't want to over do it.

Does anyone have samples to show?

Thanks[\font]

When you say "juried show" that could mean anything from an art festival to a gallery exhibition. Different types of shows require different amounts of information. Read the application carefully and provide ONLY what they ask for. Providing more than that will look like clutter, and possibly will convey that you can't follow directions.

The single most important thing is to have great photographs of your work. Get the best photos you can afford, whether you hire a professional or learn to take good photos yourself. It is the one thing that really matters.

As for using your graphic design skills, yes. But only if you are using design principles like organization, structure, clarity. Don't clutter up the application with frou-frou fonts or unnecessary graphics. These things will only distract a viewer from looking at the photographs of your work. For example, it looks like you tried to write your question here in the font Comic Sans. Do not use Comic Sans!

Mea

Archived