Fool's Mission?

LeeU

I am embarking on a great experiment, and am willing---like I have a choice LOL---to take the results as they come. I am curious, though, if I can get some experienced feedback ahead of time on what I might likely run into.

Please don't judge my folly, tho, I am doing this intentionally (live & learn)! For this, I am not interested in doing separate firings-I want the mixed load.  :o

So...in a programmable short/wide L&L, I will be loading a combination of green cone 6 unglazed, green 6 with underglazes, green with cone 6 glazes, already fully fired cone 6 with glazes, with new glazes over them, some bisque with cone 6 glaze, and thickness of pieces varying from 1/8th inch to 1.5 inches (as dried as can be). It will contain porcelain and stoneware. Any hints on placement and possible (ha) "defects" to expect?

Thanks in advance for not  laughing, pitying, dismissing, or yelling at me.  :rolleyes:

I'ld put the pieces that have been fired to cone 6 and reglazed onto thin scrap clay wafers just in case the glaze runs off the bottom. Also if you have a cooler part of the kiln I would put those ones there. Good luck!

Archived