Sign in to follow this  
hantremmer

Can Anyone Recommend Apps That Are Useful For Potters?

hantremmer    1

I've got hold of an iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil.    I'm trying to make the most of them, so I wondered if there were any apps that people might recommend.   

I've downloaded Pottery Notes, but I wondered if there was anything out there to do with glazing or decoration or coming up with designs.  

I'm imagining a drawing app that would allow me to sketch designs for pots, then perhaps paint them in with colours and textures picked up from websites, like Botz' catalogue.

Or, I don't know, simulations of how kilns work or glazes run.

Any ideas?  

terrim8    79

If you want to be crazy precise, there's Fusion360 & its free for "start ups"- i.e.you. I used it to make .dfx files for a laser cutter but it has a sketch program that you may find useful.

hantremmer    1

Thank you both for the recommendations.  Elsehwere I asked for an art app that had a mirror mode, so one could draw a line on the left of the screen and it would also appear in the right.  Someone recommended ArtStudio.

PSC    54

I've not seen a drawing app that reflects yet. But if you like drawing vectors try inkpad and if you like painting in raster try procreate. If you have work in galleries or shows you might like artworktrack to keep track of where your work is.

PSC    54

Lol, i have one that does symmetric drawing, just never used that feature so i didn't know it did it...sketchbook pro...i think the express version also does it.

Hii..

I am finding one apps Lets create pottery on play store but it i only game nothing much....

i am excited to know some helpful app for pottery. please share some apps which very helpful.. 

Thanks. 

Jamie.Clark    1

If you want to be crazy precise, there's Fusion360 & its free for "start ups"- i.e.you. I used it to make .dfx files for a laser cutter but it has a sketch program that you may find useful.

Man, this app looks to be crazy complicated. I've used a number of Adobe apps for various things but this appears to blow them out of the water...

Mark C.    1,807

I like the make pots now idea its not an app but more of an instant work idea. Heres how it works you go out and make pots-then they are made and you can glaze them. While drying you can mouse around if needed on your iPad.The makes pots now idea is more fun than most apps as it gets your hands in clay right now.

RonSa    189

You mean actual reality and not virtual reality? Far Out Man.