Can Anyone Recommend Apps That Are Useful For Potters?

I've got hold of an iPad Pro and an Apple Pencil.    I'm trying to make the most of them, so I wondered if there were any apps that people might recommend.   

I've downloaded Pottery Notes, but I wondered if there was anything out there to do with glazing or decoration or coming up with designs.  

I'm imagining a drawing app that would allow me to sketch designs for pots, then perhaps paint them in with colours and textures picked up from websites, like Botz' catalogue.

Or, I don't know, simulations of how kilns work or glazes run.

Any ideas?  

I've not seen a drawing app that reflects yet. But if you like drawing vectors try inkpad and if you like painting in raster try procreate. If you have work in galleries or shows you might like artworktrack to keep track of where your work is.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

If you want to be crazy precise, there's Fusion360 & its free for "start ups"- i.e.you. I used it to make .dfx files for a laser cutter but it has a sketch program that you may find useful.

Man, this app looks to be crazy complicated. I've used a number of Adobe apps for various things but this appears to blow them out of the water...

I like the make pots now idea its not an app but more of an instant work idea. Heres how it works you go out and make pots-then they are made and you can glaze them. While drying you can mouse around if needed on your iPad.The makes pots now idea is more fun than most apps as it gets your hands in clay right now.

Archived