Layering Suggestions For Aardvark's Glazes

I have a bunch of Aardvark Artisan Series cone 5/6 glazes that I bought in 5 lb. dry form. I'm working with about 20 colors just to get an idea of how their glazes look on various cone 5/6 clay I use: Nara 5 porcelain, Bee mix 5, Bee mix 5 with sand and Cassius. I've done all my test tiles for each clay and glaze combination.  Has anyone played around with Aardvark's Artisan Series glazes and come up with interesting (in a good way) results? I'm currently doing multi-square test tiles 6"x6" and brushing six colors in two different directions on this grid to get layers. It speeds up the process so I don't have to make hundreds of test tiles but the sample size is pretty small. If you have a combination that turned out super (or even semi) cool and would like to share either with a photo or description, I'd love to hear from you. I'm going to embark on mixing my own glazes at some point in the near future but for now, I'm working on using up these 20 glazes I have in buckets and creating new combinations.

I love Amaco's Cone 5/6 Exchange on Facebook as a fantastic source for layering ideas. I realize you're using Aardvark but it might give you somewhere to start and see if you can get anywhere near the glaze combos. I've tried some of the combos with similar glazes from other manufacturers with good results (though obviously not the same!). 

Archived