Removing Wheel Head

​Does anyone out there know how to remove the wheel head from my old Creative Industries wheel? The head has a split in it and is not perfectly flat. Not too much of a concern since I have a variety of bats to throw on. Just curious more than anything.

I've also scored a working treadmill with a 2 1/2 hp motor which I may, at some time, look to adapt to the CI wheel. I know it would be overkill since I don't plan on throwing A Hundred Pounds of Clay... B)

Anyway...Any ideas on the wheel head? :huh:

For those who might be curious, that is a splash pan I made from the bottom of a plastic trash can when I couldn't find a replacement for the pan which was missing when a friend gave me the wheel which he found in a barn on a newly acquired piece of property. 

JohnnyK

post-17674-0-24679600-1463838550_thumb.jpgpost-17674-0-22115900-1463838564_thumb.jpg

post-17674-0-24679600-1463838550_thumb.jpg

post-17674-0-22115900-1463838564_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have the same question.  How to remove wheel head from ci hp wheel.   I have fixed everything else.  new bearings in motor, foot pedal potentiometer is on order.  Belt is on order.  derusted and painted with baked on finish (this is Hawaii) realigned motor  added sound deadener to the motor panel and belt access covor.   I need to get at the upper bearing under the wheel head to grease it up.  It's getting dry and needs new lube.  Please do not reply with guesses.  It is either pressed on or spun on.  there are no allen locks on the head on top.  just underneath.  hoping to hear from someone that has experience with this..  Many thanks.

I have the same question.  How to remove wheel head from ci hp wheel.   I have fixed everything else.  new bearings in motor, foot pedal potentiometer is on order.  Belt is on order.  derusted and painted with baked on finish (this is Hawaii) realigned motor  added sound deadener to the motor panel and belt access covor.   I need to get at the upper bearing under the wheel head to grease it up.  It's getting dry and needs new lube.  Please do not reply with guesses.  It is either pressed on or spun on.  there are no allen locks on the head on top.  just underneath.  hoping to hear from someone that has experience with this..  Many thanks.

call speedball

Archived