Community Challenge #5 The Results

I think it would be frustrating for there to be a Challenge but not get to see the results. I like it the results thread, personally. Plus, I admire the people able and willing to enter their stuff and just by viewing the work, at a bare minimum, I feel I am honoring their efforts. 

Joel:

I would like to see each potter/artist expound on influences, on various techniques they used, and things they learned firing flat work. Flat work has its own unique parameters: not as easy as most would assume. I certainly like the "pollock" influence; but the others shine just as much. I still plan on finishing mine: got sidetracked by life as usual. I made an offer "they should have refused" on an estate sale house: so it looks like I am now in the flipping business. Once a carpenter, always a carpenter I suppose. I get to play with clay two or three times a week for an hour or so: looks like that will be my life for another two months.

Nerd

(all the background for this was shared in the original thread)

Big tiles take up too much shelf space. I really should figure out the right size to fit three on a shelf before doing another 9 tile project. I let the first set of tiles dry a little too fast for no good reason. Now I will keep pushing them together until there is no longer a gap the next day.

This was a creative way to work and I do expect to make more tile-paintings in my life.

Archived