Bowls Not Fired To Temperature

I have cone 6 clay and cone 6 glazes, but my digital kiln firings recently began ending with FTL (fired too long, meaning it never reached temperature and shut off after stalling for 3 hours). The bowls look pretty good, although the colors aren't maturing like they used to. I put cones 5, 6, and 7 in to see what's really going on and none of them bent in the slightest. Assuming the bowls only fired to a cone 4 or below, are they still okay to use? What would be the main problem with an under-fired bowl? The last recorded temperature on the computer was 2050, so it may have only gotten to Cone 1! I'm sure my kiln needs repaired but I wondered if the bowls I have will need to be fire again, or if I can just use them as is. 

Thanks!

yeh what ^^^. He said....

Immature glazes my leach...... Clay is not vitrified may retain things you don't want retained..... I suppose you could use them as a flower pot. Or to hold wrapped candies......... But I'd be weary eating out of them.... It's possible the structure will be weaker.... I can heat dads around the world, and hunter s Thompson .. Anything worth doing is worth doing right

Archived