I have a question for those who drape their own booths at larger indoor shows.

How do you keep your curtains wrinkle free? Is there a trick?

I iron mine at home and roll them, but they're not as nice as I want them by the time I get to the setup. I know I could bring an iron and board, but setup days are stressful enough without having to iron 6 big long white curtains while vainly trying to keeping them off a dirty cement floor. Suggestions?

My curtains are some kind of synthetic fabric that doesn't wrinkle too badly. I try to fold them carefully at the end of every show, so when I unpack them again I can see rectangular fold lines, but they don't bother me.

I've seen lots of artists with handheld fabric steamers at fancy shows. Hang all your curtains then steam the wrinkles out. They work great. I've looked into these myself, you can get a small one for about $20.

How about a bottle of Downy Wrinkle Relaser? Might not be as perfect as freshly ironed but it does work. Hang your curtains, spray, smooth with your hand then stretch the edges of the curtains out for a moment and most of the wrinkles from being rolled should go away.

T

If you are ever looking to replace the ones you have this place http://canada.linentablecloth.com/?gclid=CLqsvpvL9ssCFdKIfgodF-IL3g has polyester tablecloths that are cheaper than I can get the fabric for. Some of them are huge, might be able to make them work for draping. (they come on sale plus have a free shipping over 50- once in a while)  Chantay posted about the American site about a year ago, this is how I found them. The polyester ones do wrinkle a bit but the wrinkles drop out fairly quickly. 

I would indeed suggest checking with your show organizer about any fire regulations. We are an international forum, and fire safety approaches vary widely by region. Not all areas require specific labelling, but other rules may be in place.

Just as an update, with the help of a glass of wine and some back episodes of Grey's Anatomy, I wound up ironing 200 sq ft of curtain carefully at home, and rolling them with a single vertical crease. They looked great, and were carefully folded after the show.

Thanks everyone!

Sales were down about $300 from last year, but there have been massive layoffs in my province this year with the price of oil so low. A lot of people came, but not a lot of shopping bags in sight. But everyone loved the new work! (Just wish more of it went home with other people.)

But here's a photo of my booth. It's a 10' w x 6' d.

post-63667-0-40017800-1460415182_thumb.jpeg

post-63667-0-40017800-1460415182_thumb.jpeg

I would indeed suggest checking with your show organizer about any fire regulations. We are an international forum, and fire safety approaches vary widely by region. Not all areas require specific labelling, but other rules may be in place.

Just as an update, with the help of a glass of wine and some back episodes of Grey's Anatomy, I wound up ironing 200 sq ft of curtain carefully at home, and rolling them with a single vertical crease. They looked great, and were carefully folded after the show.

Thanks everyone!

Well Gray's Anatomy sure must have changed since I  studied it! Or did you use them to hold down the curtains in a strong wind?

Your stall looks great Diesel Clay.

Good luck with your other Fairs.

Thanks everyone!

Well Gray's Anatomy sure must have changed since I  studied it! Or did you use them to hold down the curtains in a strong wind?

Your stall looks great Diesel Clay.

Good luck with your other Fairs.

The key here is in the spelling.  It's not an American/English/Australian spelling difference, but the one with an a is a book, the one with an e is a TV show.  Allegedly, the spelling was a deliberate play on words.

Ok not being a watcher of much TEEV, and knowing that the tome, "Gray's Anatomy" would definitely secure even the biggest stall table cloth I missed the detail. Isn't grey a colour and Gray a name??

Showing my vintage here...

it is a very long running show about doctors at a hospital in Seattle washington.  i used to follow it but moving each year messed up the story line for me.  i don't even know if any of the original cast is in it anymore.  the Grey reference is to one of the doctor's mothers whose last name was Grey and the anatomy is self explanatory.  it was a great thursday night show.

Archived