Walker Pug Mill

Biglou13

any one know where to get a spider bushing for a walker pug mill.

it still works but I can see needing one.

i bought it used, from the looks of his studio  prolly never serviced the motor

any one have info on changing the oil/fluid?

If you're talking about the rubber spider gear that fits between the love-joy coupling, I used to get them at a welding supply store for about $4.00 apiece.

My Bluebird pug mill has one. Start locally with stores in your area. They shouldn't be that hard to find... I bought mine at Apel Welding Supply in

Hanceville, Ala. Maybe check a hardware store or even Grangers. The spider gears come in 3 different sizes and prices. You probably know that only 3 of the rubber prongs are used at a time so if you keep an eye one the one currently used and catch it before its completely chewed up, slide the coupling apart and rotate the spider washer/grommet/gear one tooth, and you get a "new" gear!!! Good luck!

See ya,

Alabama

Hey,

I'm not sure what size your pug mill needs, but I'm assuming the spider bushing of the walker pug mill is similar to a bluebird. There are about 3 types and maybe 4 sizes. The three types are open, solid, and "L". Mine are the solid type, so to find out what yours needs do a Bing search for " solid elastomeric spider".

Get you dimensions and we'll find the one you need.!! :). I saw some on Amazon too!

See ya,

Alabama

Hey,

My spider bushing. Measures 2.12 inches across and has the number 11070 inside.

I'll look for some around Wetumpka and run by Apels if I have to. I have found them on the web, from 3.71 each to 8.50 each. In trying to find a replacement for you, I found out I need one also. I keep spares under the pugmill along with the allenhead wrench that fits the coupling!!!.

See ya,

Alabama

my WALKER is a friends place. 

so i haven't had chance to drive and measure.   

BIG Thanks for your help!!!!

If you find one.    buy 2  and i'll buy one for you ( as long as they are not stupid expensive)....  consider it a finders fee......

where are you measuring from on bushing???  are they all the same?

any notes on "changing oil"?

Archived