Steam Clean Studio Floor? Wow!

Has anyone else tried using a floor steam cleaning machine on their studio floor? I was having a horrible weekend, one of my Pugs died, and when I am stressed I clean. I had already scrubbed the studio from top to bottom, cleaned and painted another room, cleaned the rest of the house, then ended up back in the studio where I still had white streaks on my tile. I can never seem to get rid of these entirely but well with everything else going on they were actually taunting me today. I may not be able to beat death but I can and will beat dirt!

I remembered I had an old steam cleaner I used to use on my tile floor before we moved. I have wood now, except for the studio, and it can't be used on wood so it's been sitting in a closet until today. I was surprised it still worked to tell you the truth but figured I had nothing to lose so filled it up and set to on the floor. OMG My studio floor looks amazing! Not 100% perfect, I'd say 98% there and I'm going to hit it again tomorrow.

Is there any reason, safety wise, not to use a steam cleaner on my studio floor? It doesn't sweep or raise any dust it uses hot steam and basically a shop towel kind of pad to clean. The steam moistens and loosens the particles and the towel surface traps them. Once I'm done I wash out the pad and set it to dry.

Has anyone else discovered steam cleaning studio floors?

T

My wife is the cleaner. She decided awhile back to use the old steam cleaner to clean the pottery floors. I thought it was a crazy idea. WOW was I wrong. It is the way to go!

Pugaboo, you probably don't want to hear this, but puppies are sent from heaven. It will be hard to replace your old friend, and you may feel as if you are betraying old faithful. But a puppy sure does make the blues slip away quickly. I speak from experience. My 16 year old Jack Russell died last year from a brain tumor. We replaced her with a Mountain Fiest, a squirrel dog. What a joy she has been! And now to keep her company we have an 8 week old Mountain Cur. The big German Shepherd is still with us also, but in perfect disdain towards the other 2.

Thinking about you and your lose.

If you still have white streaks, Pugaboo, you can try a tip I got from CM years ago. A potter was asked how she got her studio so sparkling clean for her Studio spread. She said she put a little liquid fabric softener in her rinse water. This works! You could damp mop after steam cleaning, but, of course, don't put it in the steamer. :)

RIP, little pug.

This is exactly what I do.  I am not sure how good it is for the steam cleaner, but our new house has very little carpet, so it is probably not a big problem.  It gets my concrete floors clean and only uses a couple gallons of water to clean about 600 square feet.  I do very gently scoop the large chunks while a big fan blows out the room.  It needs to be warmer weather to do this.  Since we will be in the 60's this weekend it might be time.

Sorry for your loss you will always miss him a little but your pug's spirit will always be with you.   We had to put our 21 year old King Charles Spaniel to sleep because of severe arthritis.   My husband lasted about 2 weeks before he wanted to get another dog at the humane society.  We picked out a small rat terrier who turned out to be a giant rat terrier (a breed)  he is a great dog.  Denice

Terry, so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend.  Those animals are such an important part of our lives.  RIP little friend.  

I have used the steam cleaner on my studio floors.  Yes!  It works great......If you still feel some stress.....and some need to clean.....PM me and I will give you directions to my house.  Yes.  Yes I will.  

Take care,

Roberta

Archived