The White Road By Edmund De Waal

I have read it.  Very good book on the history of porcelain as uncovered by Edmund de Waal as he traced the subject from then 'til now from China, through France, Germany,  the U.S.A, and England.  Lots of information not found in the traditional texts on the history of clay.

The author is an excellent story teller.

LT

Yes. This is our 25th annual get together. Great friends, great place.

Delivered work to a new gallery ( for me) and owner had me on her website before I delivered the work. I was in a gallery in Houston for 4 years and they never got around to including me on their website with their other (100) ceramic artists. It is so great to be back among friends who are so supportive. it has been a tough transition to move to Texas after 31 years as a professional in Montana.

Marcia

• 1 month later...

Finally got my hands on this book at the library and am totally hooked ... great writing!

Another book on the history of porcelain that I truly enjoyed was The Arcanum by Janet Gleeson.

It is so wonderful to lose yourself in a world of pottery that would actually make a great action film ... intrigues, kidnapping, theft, betrayals ... all for the elusive porcelain recipe.

The Chinese really know how to keep a secret.  : - )

I got the book a few days ago, I haven't had a lot of time to sit still and read it, but I am in the first few pages of chapter one. It is written in a very adventurous writing style. Lots of words that make you feel like your standing right there beside him looking at what he is looking at. Pretty good so far!

Archived