I-Park 2016 Artists-In-Residence Program

I-Park

Application Deadline: January 25, 2016

I-Park, located in rural East Haddam, CT (U.S.), announces its 2016 multi-disciplinary artists-in-residence program. The program is open to those working in the following creative disciplines: visual arts, creative writing, music composition/sound art, architecture, moving image and landscape/garden/ecological design. Self-directed residencies are being offered from May through November, 2016. Most residencies are 4-weeks in duration. International applicants are welcome.  

I-Park provides to each artist private, comfortable living quarters in a renovated 1850’s era farmhouse, a private studio space and a food program. In addition to attentive staff support, shared workshop space and an array of tools, equipment and site materials are available on request.   

Work samples are evaluated through a competitive, juried process. A $30 application fee helps defray the cost of the independent selection panels. Accepted artists are responsible for their own work materials as well as transportation to and from the area. The program is otherwise offered at no cost to invited artists.

There will also be two Special Programs scheduled for 2016: a Composers + Musicians Collaborative Residency as well as a Family-Friendly Residency, an experimental program focused on artists with dependent children. Details to be announced on the I-Park homepage and in a mailing to the I-Park database in early January.

Program details, application form and comprehensive FAQ are available online.  For more information, write to info@i-park.org or call 860-873-2468 (M-F, 9:00 – 5:00).

Archived