Sign in to follow this  
Cavy Fire Studios

Cute Fox Bowl Wip (As Requested)

This bowl measures about 10" across and 3" tall. It's for my fella, who fancies himself a fox with corgi colors, and has a fondness for tea and coffee. ♥

Main colors are Duncan EZ and Mayco Underglaze. Blacks are Clay Art Center's baltic black A and Amaco's black velvet (watered down for shading). This is greenware, Clay Art Center's X-Tra White.

post-63665-0-97149400-1451451074_thumb.jpg

post-63665-0-97149400-1451451074_thumb.jpg

oldlady    1,323

ADORABLE!  no wonder you love your fella.  aren't you both fortunate in finding each other! :wub:

ChenowethArts    461

Guinea,

You have captured some genuine personality with this...sounds like you have a good subject to work with :rolleyes: Nicely done!

Paul

PRankin    181

Your artwork is amazing! Were you an artist before pottery or did both of those skills develop and merge at the same time?

I've been drawing since I could hold a crayon. :) My grandma was a huge influence in my artistic upbringing... she used to cut out pictures of animals in magazines for drawing references. She was so awesome...

I took my first ceramics class in 2003, but I was a strict handbuilder. The wheel and I were notttt friends. :D I didn't touch clay again until 2008, and it was pretty life-changing. My work was handbuilt at first, but the next year, I had a tantrum and the wheel and I slowly became friends. :D I tell you, I worked my rodent butt off for it, too!! I wasn't one of those "natural potters" who pick up throwing like a second nature; it was a REAL struggle for me. There was gratuitous swearing, growling, stomping, and clay-throwing involved!! But, five years and HOURS of practice later, voíla! I can make pieces that are functional and have pretty paintings on them. :) Learning the art of underglazing was pretty frustrating, too...what works, what doesn't... That's why I try'n be as helpful with underglaze topics as possible!