Alabama, I hope the damage is minimal, on your property, and area in general.

We had decent thunderstorms here yesterday afternoon. That is quite odd for late December, as are the temperatures in the forties and fifites.

It is most certainly NOT "Beginning to look a lot like Christmas...."

Hickory also burns really hot in a fireplace, although it burns fast its nice to get the house warmed up quickly. Ran a wood stove my whole childhood life. You learn what trees do what after a while.

Hope everyone is ok.

Its a nice 78 degrees today in Georgia supposed to hit a high of 84........ my pandora is playing "baby its cold outside"... 

Guest JBaymore

Sorry it happened... glad it was a fence instead of a building, car, or people. 

This is nature telling you to build a new wood kiln.  ;)

Just about 60 F and rainy here in New Hampshire.  Totally abnormal.

best,

...................john

Sorry to hear of the damage, Alabama! Hope it is minimal and doesn't hinder your plans to any great degree.

It's a balmy 24F (-4C for my metric friends) with about a foot and a half of my beloved snow on the ground. Deer tracks everywhere! **Note to self....must get some cracked corn into the feeder for my furred and feathered friends**

Hope everyone else is well and ready for the holidays. :wub:

Tons of snow here. My sons borrowed the neighbours snow blower as they are house sitting for him. Now they want to buy one. I thought that's what I had kids for. I was just going to go out and buy one of my son's a new snow shovel. He broke his old one.

Sorry to hear about your plight, Alabama. You were just going to sit around at Christmas anyway.

TJR.

Thanks for calling today Alice.    I was south of the area hit by the tornado.  Now, DHpotter is closer to the tornado zone.  He's in Duck Hill.  I know one large tornado was close but I don't think it was in his exact area.  At least Alabama was spared damage to house or studio .... or to people or pets.

Archived