Teaching Opportunity - Help Needed!

Marko

Got this email from TexasClay. Call they if your interested. Marko

From: Krupa, Jennifer [mailto:Jennifer.Krupa@co.galveston.tx.us
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 3:08 PM
To: info@clayhouston.orgmichelle-matthews@att.net
Subject: Teaching opportunity - help needed!

Hi there,

I work for Galveston County and have a ceramics room and kiln. We recently lost our ceramics instructor. We have partnered with the College of the Mainland to offer beginner and intermediate classes beginning January 19-April 22, 2016 and need assisting in finding someone to teach. We have five going on six classes that are full with 8-10 students a piece.

The employer would be College of the Mainland and they pay $21/hour. The classes would be held in La Marque at the Wayne Johnson Community Center. Each student is also responsible for paying the instructor a $5 supply fee on the first day of class. Classes are limited to 8-10 students a piece.

Right now, the classes scheduled are on:
Beginners – Tuesdays from 1pm-4pm from Jan. 19 through April 19 (no class 3/15 or 3/22)
Intermediate – Fridays from 9am-12pm from Jan. 22 through April 22 (no class 3/18 or 3/25)
Special class for Texas City senior citizens from 10am-12pm on 1/21/161/28/162/11/162/25/163/10/163/24/164/7/16; and 4/21/16

Do you know of anyone that might be interested in the position that we could speak with?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated,

Jennifer

Jennifer Krupa

Programs Manager

Galveston County Parks and Cultural Services

4102 Main Street (FM 519)

La Marque, Texas 77568

409-934-8126 Direct

409-934-8100 Parks Administrative Office
409-621-7986 Fax

jennifer.krupa@co.galveston.tx.us

Not sure I could find the place as Texas is so large-would I need to bring a boat (flooding) or a cooler (heat waves) or block house (hurricanes/tornadoes )I wonder if they have long horns around there? or all the horns short?

Any chance they would up that pay scale a bit?

I also have a art show conflict in April

I think I will have to pass now- if it was in Florida I could pack some fins.

Archived