Sign in to follow this  
Cavy Fire Studios

Wood Duck Mug Wip

Hai, guys!

Been a while! Sorry about that. My health tanked pretty bad (heart was on the fritz!!), but the guinea pig is getting better. :)

I came out of a joint flare today and decided to underglaze! ^_^ A lady ordered a duck mug as a Christmas gift for her husband, so I made a wood duck, because SO CUTE.♥♥♥

P.S. Birds are a pain in the patootie to draw. Omg, why do I do these things to myself... >.<

I missed you guys!

Oh, this is still greenware, btw. Greenware terracotta with lotsa underglaze! Sorry for the bad pic quality. :D

post-63665-0-74149500-1449648577_thumb.jpg

post-63665-0-74149500-1449648577_thumb.jpg

Wow! Ceative cavy! What takes most strength , the making or decorating. Just thinking, maybe you could have a friend make the greenware for you??? But I guess like us all, we love the working with clay part. Better health to you!

I think that throwing and illustrating are both equally ouchies, just in different spots! :D I'm waaaay too much of a control freak to allow someone to throw for me, anyway; last time I did that, 4/5 of the mugs she threw s-cracked in the bisque... >.< My illustrations were wasted...

Here's the second WIP: a horned owl in a funny-shaped bowl. :) The duck was a way huger pain (it had so dang many colors), but I'm proud of this guy, too. ♥♥♥

post-63665-0-31909900-1449723198_thumb.jpg

post-63665-0-31909900-1449723198_thumb.jpg

I think that throwing and illustrating are both equally ouchies, just in different spots! :D I'm waaaay too much of a control freak to allow someone to throw for me, anyway; last time I did that, 4/5 of the mugs she threw s-cracked in the bisque... >.< My illustrations were wasted...

Here's the second WIP: a horned owl in a funny-shaped bowl. :) The duck was a way huger pain (it had so dang many colors), but I'm proud of this guy, too. ♥♥♥

attachicon.gifIMG_20151209_204755.jpg

Beautiful!!