Chris Campbell On Today's Ceramics Art Daily!

I check what's up on CAD regularly. Today was a pleasant surprise to see Chris Campbells beautiful colored porcelain creations. Check it out to see how she does it. Remember CAD is a great resource right here. (upper left hand link in the green header) Nice article, Chris!

Marcia Selsor

beautiful and crisp, chris!  very refreshingly springlike for a cloudy day in october.

are you familiar with the potter who made kimonos that stood up as if there were a person inside?  she was at the smithsonian show years ago and i cannot remember her name.

Really cool bowl. It reminded me of a napkin floating down and freezing just as it touches the table. It's very beautiful. So delicate and colorful. Thanks. I might one day want to try this. Can it be done with bee mix 5?

I've never used B mix so cannot comment on its range.

Making work from colored paper clay was an experiment ... have not done it again as the paper fibers tended to pull and distort the patterns. The most interesting discovery was that the finished patterned pieces had three distinct images ... one on each side and a third inside the piece.

Finding this out led to other tests ... for instance, I could see how a slab roller pulled unevenly at both sides of the clay by studying these patterns of color. My Bailey pulls harder on the top than the bottom by a significant degree. Makes a good case for flipping the slab and rolling again. It does not catch up, but gets more even.

Archived