thank you all so much for your stories and for the serious and not so serious ideas for a plan B. I see that a lot of you are struggling with health problems, also, or mainly, in the "tool" we potters need the most: our hands, arms and shoulders. And, nevertheless, you all stay with clay, work slower when the pain gets the upper hand and catching up when pain recedes for a while. I think you all (and I too) deserve a  BIG APPLAUSE!

Have a happy and wonderful weekend!

Evelyne

i think mark has a possible plan b.  it is to take each of us potters out scuba diving.  then let us each wander through his remarkable property and let us all drool.

doc weathers has a possible plan b also, it is to make very complicated tools for each of us and to sell them on a website set up by one or more of the computer folks here.

marcia can rent out her wonderful studio to each of us sequentially since she is always traveling and never home anyway.

chris can make colored clay for us so we don't have to do the hard part, just the fun.

see, there are lots of plans named b.

So Mark, when Sebastian was singing "Under the Sea" in The Little Mermaid, you just nodded in agreement the entire time?...

Never saw little mermaid? But I have spent many days underwater if this counts?

Mark

There are no problems that cannot be solved at 60 feet for 20 minutes!

Have not been under for a few years now but sure miss my sea stuff.

Wait til I post pix of my front yard reef!! It is getting to be very cool!

Chris said: Wait til I post pix of my front yard reef!! It is getting to be very cool!

Tapping my foot and waiting patiently.... ;)

It is getting close .... I have a crew painting my house next week so do not want them tromping all over them ... then the next week is Halloween and no thank you to potential vandalism ... Sooooo it looks like the first week in November will be the start date.

I mentioned my plan B a while back on another thread.

I am going to fake my own death and then go to the Coromandel peninsula in New Zealand and live in a shack that I build out of driftwood.

Trouble is.. I told too many people about the faking my own death part.

Anonymous. :rolleyes:

unfortunately the reason I have been gone lately is because I have had to study real estate because I need a second source of income.  (boo) but if I lost my limbs, I would still find a way to work with clay... be it with my face... I will find a way. <3 Clay is my first love, and will never be substituted.  It took me a wholesale order to realize that I will be satisfied making my own work if I have to make income elsewhere. It's so much pressure to fill a wholesale order. Mentally challenging to get down and work when you worry about the customer's satisfaction. It takes some of the joy out of it. 

Archived