Good Rubber Stamps

Do people search for pottery shirts? I would have thought this would be a pretty wacky market, but the seller has a good bit of t-shirt sales. Interesting to think about. 

What Bruce said is very good point, making a decent income selling pots is hard work. Most of the full time potters I know also do work on the side, teaching mostly, but I can see selling something ceramics related as an adjunct income stream as being very valid. 

I always think of going to the Pottery Supply store as similar in going to Costco, I go in for 1 little thing and come out spending a minimum of a hundred. There are a lot of retired people out there who do pottery as a hobby with money to spend, 15- for a t-shirt is chump change. (plus way easier to ship than pots)

What do you want to spend your time doing?

---  Sorry to highjack your thread Mark ---

I'm putting together a 47,000 pound order (full truck trailer) of clay and materials for 7 potters and there are no t-shirts in the order.Just saying I need another t-shirt without a pocket like a hole in the head.

No matter whats on it.It has to have a pocket and a fish print or its a glaze shirt doomed to iron stains and a short life.

Mark

Ok back to sideways with this thread-

I feel the same way mark. A shirt without a pocket is just useless, my wife says I am crazy and that the pocket doesn't matter, but I told her she has never wore a shirt with a pocket. I use that pocket every day for some random thing.

Oh as a side note my wife is an avid quilter, and she buys quilting t-shirts all the time. She says the website that sells them is always sold out of the good designs. Apparently the same goes for quilters too.

the first morning of a week long workshop with charles counts was spent designing and printing Tshirts for everyone.  

every chance i can i wear the one from a seth cardew workshop.  it has the two birds originally designed by michael cardew.

i can see all of you saying "HUH whooozzat?"

Joseph ... it's because the wacky way they design women's clothes!  They think women don't need pockets ... or it will ruin the "line" of the design or some such crap.  I have jeans ... jeans mind you ... that have pockets that are 1 inch deep.  That will barely hold a pocket knife without falling out.  I know I'm in the minority but I do not carry a purse anymore ... it just got bigger and heavier the more I carried one.  Pockets have become very important to me!

Women's purse-let me see selling pottery to thousands and thousands of women for over 40 years'I have seen my share and then some of this purse idea .

I think Carl Sagan (long ago passed away) said it best describing a purse as a black hole that all matter disappears into. It just sucks up matter endlessly.

Then he spoke of space things .

Mark

after noticing that i just carried the bag, put it on the floor wherever i went and then carried it out again, i gave it up as well.   freedom is a wallet in the left pocket and keys in the right.  well worn jeans and t shirt or well worn jeans and a turtleneck with wool sweater.

Archived