Stuck Foot Control Wheel

Syeniitti

Hi! I fell in love with the Rohde HMT 400 wheel in school and got one for myself. Due to family circumstances I have had to take a three year break from throwing. Was looking forward to starting again, but have since found that the foot wheel has gotten stuck. It used to turn quite smooth,y and easily. (The wheel is electric but instead of traditional pedal control the speed is controlled by turning a little wheel with one's foot.) Tried oiling, but no luck. Anu suggestions on how to get it turning again would be welcome...

Thanks. :) No need to watch out for springs, as there are none. ;) And the motor is ok, as is the wiring. Its been sitting in out basement workspace all this time, no rodents about. Took it apart and found there were some plastic bits around an axis that weren't budging. lubrication did nothing. I guess the plastic itself must have somehow reacted to sitting still for so long and shrunk(I have no idea how that could happen but its the only thing that makes sense?). :/ My OH was brave enough to take it apart a little further and filed the holes a little bigger. The wheel now works, not as smoothly as it used to, but maybe it will get better from use. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived