Necea In Kc

fruch

I posted this here because I knew more people would respond.

I want to go to NCECA this year because its close to home. Ilive in St. Louis, MO. I looked to see if the fees are posted are posted yet and they are not. I am going to try and get my work to pay for this so I have to know around how much it will cost.

Is there one flat fee or is each workshop/seminar a separate fee? Do you have to book a reservation if attending?

Thanks

Guest JBaymore

There are a number of options.

There are "day passes" that let you in for a specific day.  There is also the single "conference fee" that covers the whole thing (with exception of the "bus tours" of local exhibitions on the Tuesdsay and Wednesday). 

There are student discounts if you can find a way to qualify.  There are also options for anyone to volunteer... that gets you a conference registration also.

It's been a long time since I paid the registration fee myself, my college typically picks up the conference fee (I spend some time at the college's table in the non-profit area in return), and a few times (like last year) I've been an NCECA conference presenter so that covers the fee.  So I can't help with that specific amount right now... but someone who went last year should come along soon.  For a non-student I think the "whole conference" fee is something like close to $300. 

If you register early you get a discount.  Absolutely book in advance!  They will have the info online in less than a month.

Hope that is SOME help.

best,

......................john

• 2 weeks later...

volunteering was mentioned by john and is a good option.  there will be info on this at the website.  a big cost associated with a multi-day event is housing and food.  you might begin now to find some roommates to share a hotel used by the conference.  it is a little like college and a convention rolled into one, lots to do during the day and then scattering to enjoy the company of potters for meals and fun.  don't miss getting contact info from people you meet.

Archived