#21 Pres

Pres

Retired Art Teacher

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts
  • LocationCentral, PA

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

"Question of the Week"

Summer is a good time to laugh, share, and to interact in a fun, creative way on our Potters Council forum. We will be posting a "Question of the Week" every Monday for you to answer, give an opinion, and maybe laugh a little. The questions will range from the serious to the not so serious. We are ready to have some fun and hope you will join us.

We are all looking forward to see what everyone has to say. Don't be shy to share your answer. We want this to be positive, fun experience and encourage all to respond in a like manner. Put your thinking caps on for this question:

Question of the Week:

"What will an archeologist say when they dig up your shards?"

When replying to the question be sure to hit the reply button below and outside of the message. If not, it quotes all the previous message making the post much longer and difficult to read.

Lots of people are looking forward to reading all the responses........... have at it!

What the H... was he thinking! Throw it back. . . it doesn't fit the era!

Simply retired teacher, not dead, living the dream. on and on and. . . . on. . . .                                                                                 http://picworkspottery.blogspot.com/

#22 Marcia Selsor

Marcia Selsor

Professor Emerita, Montana State University-Billings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Locationwhere Texas, Matamoros, Rio Grande and Gulf of Mexico come together.

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

"Clearly there was a change in the cultural functions because the dimension of the lip changes 2 mm on the flared edge."
Marcia

#23 OffCenter

OffCenter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

"God must've had more than one son."

Jim
E pur si muove.

"But it does move," said Galileo under his breath.

#24 Denice

Denice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • LocationWichita, Kansas

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

My first throwing class we could only keep three small pieces, we were told to think about our work lasting forever and what we would want archaeologist to find and think. Since taste and styles change I would want them to think that there was no heavy ugly junk that it was all well made. Denice

#25 Denice

Denice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • LocationWichita, Kansas

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Hey everyone,

I would hope they would say good things. But if they found any pieces still in tack I would see it going something like this... "hey mike come check this out.... It looks like some kind of ancient vase or something. (mike) Oh wow that looks great I'd like to take that home and give it to Linda it would look great next to our robot closet."

The circle of life

Anthony

I thought your robot closet was funny and then it occurred to me that I ready have one where I hang my Roomba and charge it. Denice

#26 Diane Puckett

Diane Puckett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

When my shards are discovered by an archeologist/or Art Historian I hope they comment on the depth of the depth of the glaze colors and the textures that are still and forever on the surface...reflecting the mountains, oceans, rocks, plants. This makes a potter's work timeless and so connected to the universe. (oh, yes, and my beautiful PRIVATE COLLECTION) will also be well cared for, in one piece somewhere else!

Beautiful dinnerware!
Diane Puckett
Dry Ridge Pottery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users