Credit Card Gateways For Online Store

Yeah...makes no sense, does it?  We still have one kid in school, and we had to be around to haul him back to Gainesville, and we had other obligations here, as well.  But I'm looking forward to some cool fall weather.  We won't stay very long.  Up in the North Country, we can get a hard freeze in September, though I'm hoping it will hold off until October this year.  We had a late spring frost that got most of our apple blossoms, on May 23.

Next year we hope to build a studio at the farm and spend all summer up there.

The fed swooped in and busted all the glass pipe wholesalers in Humboldt a few years ago-most contacts where from web sales-shipping elsewhere (over state lines)as there was huge bunch of glass pipe manufactures here at that time. So web sales is a trail that can lead to jail but that said your scale will not merit this kind of follow thru-these where large operations with lots of employees. One guy with a few pipes-just be careful how you word the stuff.

Mark

I've been using PayPal since it first opened and have never had any issues with them. Their fees were actually lower than my traditional credit card company was charging me when I switched to them years ago. I do have a seperate acct for my online business but that is for many reasons not just PayPal, I don't like using my main acct for online transactions.

With your etsy shop and your blog you can use their widget to make a thumbnail gallery for your blog. People can go to your blog see your etsy shop items click on a thumbnail and be taken to the listing page to purchase it through etsy. I use PayPal and direct check out with my etsy shop, my sales are about 50/50 between them. It might be something that would work for you, but doesn't solve the banned items issue, for that I would set up a page on your blog and use pay pals shopping cart to do those sales.

I should also note many many of my sales are begun by someone seeing my items on etsy liking what I do then contacting me for custom work that I do not have in my shop and even doing wholesale orders so that is also something for you to keep in mind. I get lots of interest from my etsy shop so I would have to have a really good reason for closing my etsy shop it's really cheap advertising if nothing else.

T

Paypal is great if your making a separate account like GEP said and doing things by the book, but if I was you Ray and making what your making, I wouldn't use Paypal ever...

I know several people using Paypal and having 0 problems, but those darn pipes are gonna throw up a red flag eventually.

Then your risking too high of a chance to get frozen because of the legality of things. Find someone who has zero legality issues with what you make, contact a lawyer to have them read over the terms to make sure, and also to find out what you can and can't do. Don't put your lively hood at stake for something so simple. 

I'm so glad I live in Washington. While I do not partake in the usage of cannabis, I know a lot of people here with severe medical problems that are helped by the plant. My father grows the plants for the medical dispensaries on the west side and makes a good living helping people ease their pain. Personally, I believe it's just a smelly plant and if people wish to partake, let them. Your items are genuinely helping a lot of people and I think the real crime here is not allowing you to continue doing so. I'd totally go with a safer route and continue making what you love.

I'm gonna look up wordpress and get that blog going. :) I just discovered my kitty has a bad tooth and has to go to the vet, argh. Ohh, life... (This cat didn't break my stuff, btw. :D )

• 4 weeks later...

@rayaldridge:

I was browsing Etsy a few weeks ago and saw your pipes. I didn't know you were on these forums! Anyway, I really loved them. I don't smoke pipes (I'm assuming those pipes are tobacco pipes? I don't know what a carburetor is nor a water pipe.) but they were very beautiful and made me want to start smoking pipes. Nice work sir! 

Archived