Help--Satin Black Glaze Gets Heavy 'orange Peel' Texture In ^10 Reduction

Len

Please Help!

I have been firing work in a cone ^10 reduction kiln and having problems with my satin black glaze, (see recipe below), coming out with a heavy 'orange peel' texture.  Usually it happens on the inside of lidded items--while the outside is a beautiful smooth and metallic satin black.  

Recently it happened on the inside of a bunch of mugs-usual since it's not a closed form.  And at times there is a 'flash' of the 'orange peel' texture on the outside of pieces.  Also seems to be happening more often.  See attached photo.

I should mention that we are firing in a Larson fiber kiln which tends to heat up & cool down quickly.  It tends to fire hot-sometime closer to ^11.   We usually go into reduction either at ^08 or ^013 depending on the other glazes in the firing.  We also often do a 20-30 minute soak at the end-not sure this does anything at all.  

Does anyone have experience with this or advice?  I would love to get rid of the problem entirely but would be happy if it just went back to happening on the inside of lidded pieces.

Some of the clay bodies used:  B-mix, Black Mountain, Paper Clay Ivory.

Have discussed at length with other studio members and thinking it may be the kiln is cooling too fast.  Does anyone know a cooling phase for a firing program for an issue such as this?

Any thought, ideas, solutions welcome!!!

Satin Black Glaze recipe:

custer feldspar 1500

Kona F-4 spar 1500

whiting 150

dolomite 1125

silica 1500

ball clay 750

talc 975

bentonite 150

cobalt carb 225

red iron oxide 225

manganese dioxide 150