Second Try, Wip Gallery Piece...

Because there were two terracotta pieces of greenware on my coffee table that were unfinished, they were spared the destruction of the cat. This is one of the mugs...I just finished painting it. It took four days of seriously painstaking work to complete its exterior illustration and carving.

I decided having the non-slipped area might be a little boring, so I carved another rose rabbit on the back. The glaze will show the shape in relief, which I think will make a nice contrast to the underglaze illustration.

I think it'll hold around 18-20oz, so it's a fairly large mug, but taller and skinnier than the guinea piggie mug thst was smashed. I'll post cell pics of my remaining Animal Charity gallery WIPs here. Finalized pics will be in my gallery.

Praying this one will survive.

post-63665-0-33947800-1440476143_thumb.jpg

post-63665-0-88743600-1440476162_thumb.jpg

post-63665-0-33947800-1440476143_thumb.jpg

post-63665-0-88743600-1440476162_thumb.jpg

I really hope so. That piggie getting broken was really horrible. I put my work in a high cupboard with a closed door, so NO CAT. My own cat knows not to go near my pottery (because mommy explodes), but mom's cat hasn't quite learned yet... I hope these pieces will sell. It so sucks I won't have five pieces done in time. :( They understood, though. I guess they are super excited to have my work there! ^_^

Archived