I Need Help : New At This: Want To Make This With My Class Of 12 Year Olds

can anyone help me to explane how I can make this candleholder in concrete?

do I have to fill the balloons with water and then submerge it in the concrete or do I have to put the concrete on with a brush?

1 or more layers?

How can I leave it to dry and how can I make a stable underground to put the candleholder on a flat surface?

Thanks for helping me

post-70167-0-59922900-1439840308_thumb.j

3/4 the way down the page on this site shows making a lamp shade with concrete and a balloon. It looks as if they coat the outside with the concrete by painting it on. You can follow the link to the original site. I do not speak Swedish but I think  you would be able to put this site through Google Translate and get the basic idea of it.

http://www.homedit.com/34-cool-and-modern-diy-concrete-projects/

can anyone help me to explane how I can make this candleholder in concrete?

do I have to fill the balloons with water and then submerge it in the concrete or do I have to put the concrete on with a brush?

1 or more layers?

How can I leave it to dry and how can I make a stable underground to put the candleholder on a flat surface?

Thanks for helping me

post-70167-0-59922900-1439840308_thumb.j

Cool looking candleholders!

After looking at the Swedish site and taking into account your need for a flat bottom, I would under-inflate the balloon very slightly, paint a thick coat or two at the bottom and set it on a non-stick surface that you can turn (like a piece of wax paper). The bottom should flatten just a bit as the weight of the upper cement is added. You would want to leave the balloon's knot on top where your opening will be.

Misfit, I never knew there were so many interesting concrete craft projects! Thanks!

Hope this helps,

Rae

Archived