Okay, I feel like a bit of a git asking this but I'll ask anyways,

If someone adds me as a friend how come I can't "friend" them back?

When I look at a members profile page if it's someone who hasn't "friended" me then I have the option of adding as a friend or pm-ing or viewing content, if it is someone who has "friended" me then the only options are "remove as a friend", then the same latter 2 options as above.  So, I'm wondering if being a friend is just a one-way street  or what am I missing?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, wasn't sure where to post.

When I look at a members profile page if it's someone who hasn't "friended" me then I have the option of adding as a friend or pm-ing or viewing content, if it is someone who has "friended" me then the only options are "remove as a friend", then the same latter 2 options as above.  So, I'm wondering if being a friend is just a one-way street  or what am I missing?

I think it means:

If they "friend" you, you are also friends with them, therefore no need to "friend" them back.

Hence "friending" is a two-way partnership.

You are describing all too many "friends" at work. They want to tell me their problems but don't care about listening to others'...Do you think they have a "two-way street" button?

Jed

thanks for the explanations

Jed, I think that happens with lots of people but being a physician I'm sure you get it more than most. My dad is a retired one and he still has former patients stopping him on the street and telling him their tales of woe.

I give up....what is a "git"? 

git: it’s meaning changes with how you use the word. In in how i wrote it would be along the lines of doofus. It usually has a qualifying adjective in front of it so for example a “silly git†could be used if you use the wrong coloured glaze to touch up a pot. if someone cuts you off in traffic they could be a “bleeping gitâ€,  a cantankerous older person could be a “miserable old git† 

(it’s slang so a no go for scrabble)

Archived