extruder cleanup

Hi All!

I am starting to work with an awesome extruder, but I am finding that it's a LOT of time and work to clean after using it,

so I tend to postpone and accumulate projects to justifies the work.

I would like to be more fluent with the extruder use:

is there some way to keep the clay inside (my extr is made of aluminum)

or clean the big chunks of clay in a different way or something I can't foresee?

THANKS!!

Hi All!

I am starting to work with an awesome extruder, but I am finding that it's a LOT of time and work to clean after using it,

so I tend to postpone and accumulate projects to justifies the work.

I would like to be more fluent with the extruder use:

is there some way to keep the clay inside (my extr is made of aluminum)

or clean the big chunks of clay in a different way or something I can't foresee?

THANKS!!

I have put the tube of clay in the bag my newspaper comes in after cutting the end and any extra length off the bag. My extruder is PVC and is a 4 inch tube so the smaller bags work the best. Denice

I use WD040 and have not found the oily results to have any effect on the clay. I do not use WD-40 in the classroom though. Students don't appreciate the smell and I don't blame them. I use a 3.5" metal scraper and a toilet bowl brush for cleaning the extruder in the classroom. This is because there are different clay bodies in use. .

Marcia

Put the clay in a plastic grocery bag and cut one hole at the bottom. When you are done just pull out the bag, dump the clay ... zero clean up!

Duh and ah hah moment!!! Chris, I have been trying to figure a way to line my rusty extruder box and this is it. THANK YOU for this brilliant solution!

Marcia

Archived