The Potter's Cast, Episode 119. Featuring Me!

I have an exciting announcement. I was featured on one of my favorite podcasts, The Potter's Cast. My episode is #119. You can find The Potter's Cast on iTunes or you can listen via their website, http://thepotterscast.com/119

I talk a lot about the outline for my "art festival success formula" which I will be blogging about in depth in the coming months. In fact, most of the episodes focus on pottery business development issues. It is a great resource for any potter, at any stage in their career development. 

Hope you enjoy it!

http://thepotterscast.com/119

Click on her link and THEN after the "error message" comes up, go ahead and click on the button to the right that says "Follow this link" (ignore the safety warning-it is fine) and that will take you right to the pod cast audio bar-you do still have to press the "start" feature (the sideways triangle, on the left of the run bar).  

that is what i did.  i listened (without seeing anything) for 2.36 minutes to two commercials.  never saw anything.  left.  just tried it again and nothing.  i think i will go out to the studio and bash some clay around.

that is what i did.  i listened (without seeing anything) for 2.36 minutes to two commercials.  never saw anything.  left.  just tried it again and nothing.  i think i will go out to the studio and bash some clay around.

It's just an audio recording ... no video to see. After the two commercials, you'll hear a few minutes of the host, Paul Blais, making some announcements. Then my interview comes after that. The whole thing is about an hour, so make you have a free hour to listen before you start.

I listened to it while packing for a trip in am just a few minutes ago.

As a seasoned vet I suggest you potters who are thinking of selling pots take an hour for this listen. There will be some take away for you I promise.

I connected to your energy comments as its so true. The booth that works for you is a very key point as well.

One point that took me a long time to actually do is never run out of a popular form. Its maximizes my profits

This point is for my smalls like a sponge holder or spoonrests.

Thanks for posting this Mea.

Mark

I've just had a relaxing hour listening to this, coffee and notebook in hand. Inspirational interview.

Off out to the workshop now to boost my energy levels in the clay. Thank you Mea.

I checked out your website.....my fingers were itching to touch your beautiful pots.

Sally

Nice interview, Mea! I second all the above comments^^^. I like the way you view your mailing list and applaud your decision to make what you love. Actually, I think that although you could theoretically make more money by making more large sculptural work, the customers for that are more rare and might not return as often. They would be buying primarily for themselves, I think, and not usually as gifts. Ceramics buyers, in general, find the functionality of something that is also beautiful to be extra appealing for themselves and to give to others.

How wonderful that there's such a big audience for this program, now I'll need to check out the other 120+, by now, interviews and get to know some more potters.

Archived