Idea For A "hall Of Fame" Catagory...

When I find a thread that I really like, I tap the "follow this topic" box in the upper right corner of the page. This way I can find them quickly.

But there are many great threads in the archives I have missed or not reviewed yet......So, I want to suggest a HALL OF FAME catagory where these great thread could be compiled for more easy review. For example earlier this week a new thread started on the topic of warm strontium crystal glaze. I remembered and reviewed the thread " Steven Hill's firing schedule for bisque." I think this tread could be one of the threads in the hall of fame.

Comments, suggestion? Perhaps this already exists and I just have not found it yet. If so, please teach me.

Jed

When you follow a topic, anytime someone posts to that thread you are notified. Also, if you go to your profile, all of the threads you are following will be listed. It's an easy way of keeping a file of your favorite threads.

Jed

One persons Hall of Famer would be anothers poor pick. Part of the reason we did the FAQ to make some strands/topics stand out more under a larger category. Remember you have a search that will work to locate topics if you use it on the entire forum, not just in an area.

Best,

Pres

That was my first thought too Pres - it's all very subjective.

I use the 'follow this topic' button, but hadn't realised I could check back in everything I'm following. I suspect I'm not using the search facility properly as I've found it hard in the past to locate things I know are there. Will investigate further......

On another matter - I'm very conscious that I'm sometimes reading stuff on here when I'd be better off DOING in the studio. You know - hear & forget; see & remember; do & understand. What is it about procrastination that means we even do it with things we like doing, no only those we don't???

When using the search, make sure if your searching for more than one word, like a phrase: downdraft kiln.  You need to put downdraft kiln in "" . So search like this "downdraft kiln" this will make your search look for anything involving that exact phrase. Where if you search downdraft kiln it will pull anything with the word kiln in it.

That will help your searches greatly.

Archived