If you were a piece of pottery, would you be sculptural or functional? Why? | Aug. 1, 2011

I was going to post something here about how I hope this isn't the beginning of a series of incredibly silly questions, but decided not to offend anyone by doing so.

jim

Jim,

Nope.... the existing question pool ranges all over the place from mainly for fun to serious. Ceramists come from all sorts of "directions" in what they find engaging and useful....... so it will vary a lot from time to time deliberately. And what some people find "unnecessary" as to a discussion, others will find that valuable stuff comes out of it. And vice versa.

As I have mentioned in my Facebook postings linking to these questions........... if you have suggestions for possible questions please privately email them to me. We might already have it on the "list", and that will help maybe "push" it to the top choice. I'll get whatever you send into the "loop" with the other Board members and if it is one we think will "work", you will likely see it turn up eventually.

best,

.....................john

The "Nope" doesn't make any sense, but, anyway, let me just say I'm sooooo excited and can't wait to see what 5th-grade question makes the top of your list.

Jim

Thanks for the great responses to our first question!

We are looking forward to reading what our Forum friends have to say this week. Don't be shy, we all want to hear from you.

What is your take on this next question ...

If you were a piece of pottery, would you be sculptural or functional?

Why?

I will be a sculptural piece. I love art and to look at it make me happy. That said, I love to create pieces that are functional. Go figure!!

Sculptural, Functional....we choose these lines deliberately as artists. As personified art, I would be functional...touched daily (ha!), "good for something," part of life's pulse and collecting energy with good use and experience.

{btw, Enjoying the questions and most answers~~~}

We are looking forward to reading what our Forum friends have to say this week. Don't be shy, we all want to hear from you.

Why?

• 2 weeks later...

Why?

I'd like to be sculptural no doubt, then when I'm seen people would shout "his function is scenery in his glazed shirt and slip'd jeanery".

Archived