Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'ornament'.
Found 3 results
I finally got around to making some of my own bead racks and what do ya know ... They actually worked! I have a couple commercial ones but they are just not in a configuration that works well for me and waste loads of room in the kiln. I made mine from the same clay I always use, Little Loafers. I am currently still using the nichrome wires from the commercial racks but when I have the money plan to buy some Kanthal wire and see how it works as supports for the items. The racks may not be beautiful but I have bisque fired them loaded as well as glaze firing with them loaded as you see in the pictures. I wasn't sure if the wires would sag too much without a counter balance on the outside points which I normally do but I needed the space to fire my spoons instead this time so I placed kiln posts along the tops and that seemed to work well also. The pictures show you the racks and also the racks loaded into the kiln. T