Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Burners'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Ceramic Arts Daily Forums
    • Forum FAQ & Terms of Use
    • Studio Operations and Making Work
    • Clay and Glaze Chemistry
    • Equipment Use and Repair
    • Business, Marketing, and Accounting
    • Educational Approaches and Resources
    • Aesthetic Approaches and Philosophy
    • Int'l Ceramic Artists Network (ICAN) Operations and Benefits
    • Ceramic Events of Interest

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 3 results

  1. Is anyone here familiar with the electric-to-gas conversion kits manufactured by Summit? The one I'm considering is the GV-18. A while back someone was clearing out their storage shed and I got an old worn-out kiln, a Lockerbie kick wheel and a venturi burner (they had been planning to make a raku kiln out of it. I'm not interested in raku, and I fear one burner will be inadequate for efficient Cone 8 firing. The GV-18 kit has two burners and a steel stand. By the time I bought another burner and fabricated a stand, I'd probably be close to the cost of the conversion kit, which is a little over 200 bucks. Any experience or opinions? (I'm aware of the drawbacks of updraft kilns.)
  2. Here's a dreaded copy-and-paste from my blog. Wanted to make sure I shared it here, too. I've had an awful lot of help from folks here. Maybe someone someday can glean something helpful from this story. --------- In the Summer of 2012, I brought home this little Paragon electric kiln (from the next province over - and oh, what an adventure this trip was!) and parked it in the driveway, covered in a bright blue tarp, for the winter. My neighbours were pleased, I'm sure. This Spring, we moved it to the back yard. Where we covered it in a bright blue tarp. The opposite-side neighbours were even more pleased. I'm sure. I named her Strega Nona. We immediately set to work, converting her to burn propane (and eventually play with soda). We initially used a large bit for the holes - burner port and the first soda port - but that didn't go so well. At all. So we switched to the grinder for the metal, then a smaller bit for the brick portion of the smaller soda ports. She was a mess afterward.
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.