Community Status Updates

Photo

flowerdry

Is anyone else going to the Mid Atlantic Clay Conference in Front Royal VA next week?
Sep 25 2015 09:42 AM
  • bciskepottery's Photo
    bciskepottery
    I'm at Art on the Avenue in DelRay, Alexandria.
    Sep 25 2015 11:18 AM
Photo

Evelyne Schoenmann

All right, day before surgery. I will not be online much in the next few days. Will come back though as good as new...
Sep 24 2015 09:58 AM
  • JBaymore's Photo
    JBaymore
    Hope all went well. Speedy recovery, Everlyne.
    Sep 26 2015 08:28 PM
  • Joseph F's Photo
    Joseph F
    o/ best of luck, and heres to quick turnaround.
    Sep 27 2015 07:49 AM
  • alabama's Photo
    alabama
    We'd like a recent status update, please!!!
    Sep 27 2015 04:41 PM
Photo

Cavy Fire Studios

Fred's running a bisque! ^_^
Sep 23 2015 11:35 AM
Photo

Mark C.

Working a quik glaze fire small kiln for upcoming show in Boulder City NV.
Sep 23 2015 09:58 AM
Photo

GiselleNo5

Threw porcelain for the first time ever. >:( It was not cooperative. I have been doing so well, yet I scraped off several flops. Finally I went back to B-Mix and my confidence was so shaken that I kept having flops with that too. Grump grump grump.
Sep 23 2015 02:58 AM
  • Evelyne Schoenmann's Photo
    Evelyne Schoenmann
    Giselle, why not do one of Antoinette Badenhorsts' e-courses? She'll help you with getting used to porcelain. Be it hand building or throwing!! http://www.porcelainbyantoinette.com/
    Sep 24 2015 02:30 AM
  • GiselleNo5's Photo
    GiselleNo5
    Evelyne, thanks for the tip!

I don't plan to work with porcelain but if I do I'll keep that in mind. I like working with stoneware. I was only throwing with my dad's porcelain was to make some mugs for him. I trimmed and attached the handles last night and they look really great.
    Sep 24 2015 10:14 AM
  • High Bridge Pottery's Photo
    High Bridge Pottery
    I'm with you Giselle, Horrible stuff till it is fired.
    Sep 25 2015 02:21 PM
Photo

Mark (Marko) Madrazo

I will be praying for our friend Evelyne Schoenmann. She will be going in for surgery in a couple of days. Please wish her well. This is just a note. Please write to her, not me.
Sep 22 2015 01:00 PM
    Evelyne Schoenmann
    Hey Marko (blushing), you are such a kind friend! People write me emails and p.m.'s to wish me luck for the surgery. With so many friends thinking of me, nothing can go wrong. Thank you from all my heart!!
    Sep 23 2015 07:15 AM
  • Mark (Marko) Madrazo's Photo
    Mark (Marko) Madrazo
    I am glad. You are a wonderful person. I am so glad they are writing you. I will be looking forward to your full recovery. Sending you more blessing than you need. You can always share the leftovers when you get better. ;)
    Sep 23 2015 07:07 PM
    Evelyne Schoenmann
    Thank you! I just p.m.'d you. HUGS
    Sep 24 2015 02:25 AM
Photo

High Bridge Pottery

Waiting on a quote for LPG burner. Gas firing in the near future :D
Sep 22 2015 09:43 AM
  • Joseph F's Photo
    Joseph F
    Nice
    Sep 22 2015 10:51 AM
    High Bridge Pottery
    Yea :D managed to convince my parents to let me use their garden but on the condition that I bought the burner instead of trying to make one.
    Sep 22 2015 11:03 AM
Photo

Marcia Selsor

working hard in the studio before I leave again.
Sep 22 2015 09:06 AM
  • Marcia Selsor's Photo
    Marcia Selsor
    I love what I am doing. Very happy even with aches and pains that happen sometimes.
    I am going to Kansas in 2 days for a workshop at Brackers. Then, I am going with matt to his conference in Spain in the mountains NW of Sevilla. I hope to visit a friend in Sevilla where I taught a raku workshop in 1995. Then in Nov. I go to Rome for 6 weeks for a residency, workshop and exhibition.
    Sep 23 2015 11:32 AM
    Mark (Marko) Madrazo
    If you haven't left, and if you aren't in a rush, can you send me your book or dro it off. I could send you a payment via PayPal, if you have an account with them.
    Sep 25 2015 03:41 PM
    Mark (Marko) Madrazo
    *drop, hehe.
    Sep 25 2015 03:42 PM
Photo

Joseph F

I put some of my new work that I was going to list on etsy in my gallery, honest feedback welcome in comments or on the pot comments.
Sep 21 2015 09:30 PM
    High Bridge Pottery
    There is an interesting part to selling pots. It is very personal what somebody likes, I have sold many things that I thought looked friggin terrible but the customer loved it because of what I hated.

Sep 22 2015 10:07 AM
  • Benzine's Photo
    Benzine
    Great stuff Joseph. I like the rustic look of the glaze. The aged wood you used for the photo surface plays off that idea nicely.
    Sep 22 2015 08:01 PM
  • Joseph F's Photo
    Joseph F
    Thanks. I had an old flower pot I just broke up and thought it would help show the look I was going for in my pots. At first I thought it was too distracting, but later I liked it. Sort of makes the pots feel like that's where they belong. I am not sure I am going to keep going down this path though. A lot of decisions to make this week about production. I want to become more efficient and I am not sure that I want to work with a dark stoneware because of the amount of kiln time it takes...
    Sep 22 2015 08:44 PM
Photo

rakukuku

more obvara tomorrow. I am addicted
Sep 21 2015 07:40 PM
    Evelyne Schoenmann
    Been there! Welcome to the club!!
    Sep 22 2015 09:36 AM
  • rakukuku's Photo
    rakukuku
    we got good stuff and learned more, will post
    Sep 22 2015 07:38 PM
Photo

Sammule

Drifting back on the forums. I miss this place.
Sep 21 2015 12:24 PM
Photo

Mark (Marko) Madrazo

Still feeling pain from the cortisone shot my doctor gave me. I can't even make a fist. I hope it ends soon. I miss being in the studio.
Sep 19 2015 04:46 PM
    Mark (Marko) Madrazo
    I threw some pots today, but I didn't push it. I had soreness, and now it's throbbing. I wanted to catch up here so I'll just ice it in a little bit. Thanks all. Never been to a raku in the tropics, but wouldn't it be lovely?
    Sep 21 2015 07:40 PM
    Evelyne Schoenmann
    Get well soon Marko. Is it helping though, the shot? In 3 days I have to do carpal tunnel surgery. Think of me please.
    Sep 22 2015 09:37 AM
    Mark (Marko) Madrazo
    Thank you Evelyne, today I am feeling much better. And I will think health and healing thoughts for you in my meditation. I know you will do well and you will be making many more wonderful artworks. I know it will be difficult, but you are a strong person and recovery will be easy for you. Just take it easy on yourself. Marko
    Sep 22 2015 12:46 PM
Photo

GiselleNo5

Glaze firing with my dad this weekend. We'll open tomorrow morning since we used his big kiln. First time ever that I've slept the night we were glaze firing, I feel pretty confident.
Sep 19 2015 01:07 PM
  • GiselleNo5's Photo
    GiselleNo5
    how much I enjoy sharing this with my dad.
    Sep 23 2015 02:57 AM
  • GiselleNo5's Photo
    GiselleNo5
    Also I have discovered something. I don't have trouble sleeping when the kiln is firing .... I have trouble sleeping when the kiln is about to be opened. I got about 3 hours of sleep on Saturday night because I was so excited, got up at 6:30 am, rushed over, and caught my dad eating breakfast. LOL
    Sep 23 2015 02:59 AM
    Mark (Marko) Madrazo
    I'm sorry about your dad's hard work getting wrecked. That's really sad, but he'll be ok; he has a wonderful daughter to cheer him on, not guilt. Go Dad! :)
    I'm glad you had results you wanted. Relax, Rethink, Remake and fire away.
    Sep 23 2015 07:15 PM
Photo

Joseph F

Glazing! Then taking apart my wheel to replace the bearing... fun times.
Sep 19 2015 11:55 AM
    Mark (Marko) Madrazo
    Glad you fixed it.
    Sep 21 2015 07:42 PM
  • GiselleNo5's Photo
    GiselleNo5
    So handy .... I'm fortunate that my dad is able to do those kinds of things because I'm not handy in that way at all. So he comes over and builds me shelves, and when he builds his own shelves, I go over and organize them for him in exchange. :)
    Sep 23 2015 02:55 AM
  • GiselleNo5's Photo
    GiselleNo5
    Joseph, what's your Etsy shop? I'm on there every day.
    Sep 23 2015 02:56 AM
Photo

High Bridge Pottery

Making myself a melt fluidity mould, always make just enough plaster... Little on the thin side at the bottom
Sep 18 2015 12:36 PM
  • JBaymore's Photo
    JBaymore
    You're getting into this stuff, aren't you. Nice!
    Sep 19 2015 09:24 AM
    High Bridge Pottery
    The deeper I go the more questions I find ;] Really enjoying all the chemistry and melting of materials to see what happens.
    Sep 19 2015 01:30 PM
    Mark (Marko) Madrazo
    Let me know when you turn lead into gold. hehe.
    Sep 19 2015 04:49 PM