Presenter: Israel Davis | Altered Ceramics
Screen Printing on Clay
Israel demonstration will cover technical information regarding screen printing onto clay slabs with underglazes. The slabs will then be used to construct functional objects such as cups, trays, and vases. Additional information will cover generating imagery, exposing screens, and firing types and temperatures. Attendees will learn how to take simple line drawings and photos to the screen print process and apply them to clay objects.
Attendees will be learning:
- Printing onto clay slabs with underglazes as printing ink
- Information regarding firing at cones 04 and 6 oxidation and cone 10 wood-fired
- Earthenware, red stoneware, nylon fiber and paper in clay to help with attachments and timing
- Information on generating imagery for the screen print process
- Information on exposing a screen
- Information on how to set up a simple screen print lab in the clay studio
- Information on basic technology such as computer and programs to use in the process
Assistant Professor, Kendall College of Art and Design, Ferris State University, Grand Rapids, MI; Teaches at Ox-Bow School of Art and Artistâ€™s Residency, Saugatuck, MI; Formerly Ceramics Program Director, Urban Institute for Contemporary, Arts Grand Rapids, MI; Exhibits nationally in juried, invitational, group and solo exhibitions.
Read more and register: http://ceramicartsdaily.org/potters-council/altered-ceramics